Oxford Street

visit Harrogate

Known as Chapel St before its renaming in 1908 this thoroughfare was the first direct link between the sulphur well in Low Harrogate and the Chapel of Ease of 1749 (later rebuilt as Christ Church) in High Harrogate.  Its principal buildings were the Wesley Chapel f 1862, Belle Vue (home of the remarkable Captain Thrush) of 1826.  The Old Ship Inn and the Grand Opera House (now Harrogate Theatre) of 1900.


visit Harrogate
Data Protection Policy/ Terms & Conditions