The Mercer Art Gallery
The Mercer Art Gallery was first erected in 1805 by private subscription to provide shelter and a meeting place for visitors to the spa. Remodeled in 1875 by Arthur Hiscoe, the old Town Hall has been variously known as the Promenade Room, the Victoria Room, and the Town Hall Theatre. Lily Langtry and Oscar Wilde were two of the many celebrities to appear here. The building is now an Art Gallery displaying the town's very fine municipal art collections as well as touring and one off exhibitions.